| 5 events
Kentucky Derby Festival
START DATE: May 4| END DATE: May 5 | RATING: 89.00
- The original week-long festival in 1935 included a parade, boat race, and concert. It was a short-lived tradition though, as the floods of 1937 put an end to routine and recreation for a time. Like a scene out of the world’s biggest homecoming game, the tradition ...
Canne Film Festival
START DATE: May 15| END DATE: May 26 | RATING: 84.33
- La festival de Cannes was proposed in the 1930s in response to the fascist governments of Italy and Germany and their interference in the Venetian and Berlin festivals. However, the first launch was aborted after the German attack on Poland occurred the same day as ...
Bay to Breakers
START DATE: May 19| END DATE: May 19 | RATING: 92.39
- Spectators might find that feet are the only thing not bare in this annual San Francisco trot. The well-known event is famous, or perhaps infamous, for participants in full costume and others dressed in as little as shoes. Superman and Spider Man are among the ...
Monaco Grand Prix
START DATE: May 23| END DATE: May 26 | RATING: 90.71
- Located on a rock promontory extending into the Mediterranean, Monaco is the second smallest country in the world behind the Pope’s flat in Rome. The narrow, winding turns of the city and many elevation changes made the tiny ocean-side country, a principal of France, a ...
START DATE: May 26| END DATE: May 26 | RATING: 85.36
- Screaming engines, adrenaline fueled speeds of over a hundred fifty miles per hour, and a 2.5 mile oval combine every year to produce one of the most spectacular races in the world. And when it comes down to the final lap, and the winner crosses the yard of ...
| 1 events
The Yacht Week
START DATE: June 30| END DATE: August 26 | RATING: 89.33
- Yacht Week comprises a crew of twenty to thirty skippers and event coordinators that travel the world, following the summer seasons across the globe and putting on week-long cruise parties over some of the best waters to be found. With the recent addition of the two ...
| 2 events
4th of July in Hamptons
START DATE: July 4| END DATE: July 7 | RATING: 87.59
- Some of the most expensive property in the states can be found in the villages and hamlets between Southampton and East Hampton, on the end of Long Island, New York. The homes might all belong to the elite upper-class rich of the country, but the nights of the 4th of ...
San Fermin Festival
START DATE: July 6| END DATE: July 14 | RATING: 92.96
- From the noon lighting of the chupinazo, a ceremonial rocket, on July 6th until the midnight singing of the Pobre de Mí on July 14th, San Fermin is a sea of red and white. Over a million people come to see the festival, dedicated to Saint Fermin, a third century Roman ...
| 2 events
START DATE: August 28| END DATE: August 28 | RATING: 85.34
- The first year citizens of the Valencian town, Buñol, launched several boxes of tomatoes at one another, government officials stood by in mute amazement. The second year, they tried arresting the fruit flinging farmers. But the third year, when citizens showed up with ...
START DATE: August 29| END DATE: September 5 | RATING: 89.16
Black Rock City
- Back in 1986, on the summer solstice, Larry Harvey and Jerry James dropped down to San Francisco’s Baker Beach and built a nine foot tall effigy of man. What did they do then? What all boys do after building something cool: They lit it on fire and threw a party. What ...
This might be the only stop on the PGA Tour where you can see Justin Leonard flipping off the ...
Best Places To
Find us on:
Copyright © 2012 TRAVALIST. All Rights Reserved.